FPSA and FPSA Foundation have teamed up with the Greater Chicago Food Depository (GCFD) to sponsor the DEFEAT HUNGER campaign.
Here are five facts you should know about Chicago's food bank!
1. The GCFD is a nonprofit food distribution and training center founded in 1979.
2. The GCFD distributed 470,000 pounds of food in its first year of operation.
3. The GFCD has several programs such as: Kids Cafe, Mobile Pantry Programs, and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Outreach.
4. The GFCD found Chicago’s Community Kitchen which is a 14-week culinary program for unemployed and underemployed individuals.
5. The GFCD has 1 goal, 1 mission, to fight hunger 1 dollar, 1 meal, 1 person at a time.
Source: Greater Chicago Food Depository