When we talk with food processors about why they come to PROCESS EXPO, the #1 reason they give is to see what’s new. Opportunities to explore the latest products and technologies and to talk with the manufacturers of those technologies are what gets attendees in the door and keeps them on the floor.
To help exhibitors at the 2015 show spread the word about their new products, we tested the idea of an Innovations Showcase. Many companies participated, and our small poster session was a huge success! So, this year, we’re doing it big.
At PE17, the Innovations Showcase will occupy a prominent place on the show floor, and the program will provide many ways for exhibitors and attendees to connect. If you have a new product on the market, or if one of your existing products is being used for a new application or in a new vertical, this is an excellent way to get your name in front of as many attendees as possible, even before they make their schedules for the show.
Read on for more details, and check out a few of the submissions we’ve already received.
What is the Innovations Showcase?
The Innovations Showcase provides a platform for exhibitors to get extra exposure and for attendees to easily see what’s new. This year, participating exhibitors will have multiple opportunities to get their products in front of their target audience.
Before the show
- Submissions will be highlighted in press releases and email newsletters distributed to all PROCESS EXPO exhibitors and attendees.
- Submissions received before July 15 will be included in the Innovations Showcase Gallery on the PROCESS EXPO website.
During the show
- The Innovations Showcase Theater will display all submissions in both a poster format and a multimedia presentation.
- The Innovations Awards will honor the top submission in each vertical category (see below). There will also be People’s Choice Awards, for which the entire PROCESS EXPO community will vote on the best innovations via the show’s mobile app or at iPad kiosks located on site.
- On the first day of the show, the top three exhibitors in each category will be invited to pitch their products to a judging panel in front of an audience including both attendees and invited media.
- For the duration of the show, participating exhibitors will have the opportunity to schedule additional 20-minute presentations about their products.
|Submission from Enolgas USA|
|For food and pharmaceutical applications with ASTM A270 end connections, with standard or integral gaskets virgin PTFE gaskets, this full flow two way, polished AISI 304L / AISI 316L stainless steel ball valve tri clamp with aluminum pneumatic actuator, rack & pinion type, that produces torque output in a compact design. The valve is available with antistatic device ATEX and/or gaskets with glass filled PTFE. The pneumatic actuators are available in spring return and double acting version.|
Who’s eligible to participate? What’s considered “new”?
These are the most common questions we get about the Innovations Showcase. The program is open to all PROCESS EXPO exhibitors with new market-ready products or technologies. Your entry could be an entirely new product, such as a robotics application, or it could be an existing technology that’s being used in a new way.
For example, do you have an oven that was originally designed for cooking meat and poultry but is now being used on a bakery line or for pet food? That’s new! Or a conveying system that was designed for packaged goods and is now being used for raw materials. That’s also new!
As you can see, the Innovations Showcase is open to both new equipment and existing equipment used in innovative ways.
- The product must be sold and marketed, “shipping to market” or ready for implementation by December 22, 2017.
- The product cannot have been marketed or sold in the U.S. prior to September 18, 2016.
- Participation is open to PROCESS EXPO exhibitors only. If you’d like to participate, but aren’t yet signed up to exhibit, reserve your booth today.
|Submission from T-DRILL Industries, INC.|
|T-DRILL HFT-2000 Stainless Steel (SS) is used in conjunction with T-DRILL T-65 SS collaring machine for manifold production. Hand Feed Table (HFT) is capable of producing collars 17–51 mm in run tubes from 32–114 mm. T-DRILL collars provide the most reliable tube joints for the most extreme applications. The collaring unit is manually moved by the operator after each collar is produced. Based on the easy “pin-to-hole positioning” it makes this system very productive.|
How do you participate?
Participating is simple and, best of all, free. All you have to do is fill out the entry form.
Awards will be given in seven categories, and you’ll need to select the vertical market that will see the greatest impact from your equipment.
- Bakery, Grains, Seeds, and Snacks
- Meat, Poultry, and Seafood
- Prepared Foods, Fruits, and Vegetables
- Confectionery, Candy, and Sweets
- Pet Foods
If your innovation crosses multiple markets, you can submit your entry for consideration in more than one market.
The deadline is August 1, but we highly recommend that you get your submission in before July 15 so you’ll be included in the online Innovations Showcase Gallery.
|Submission from GEA|
|Category: Meat, Poultry, and Seafood|
|GEA OxyCheck is the world’s first in-line measurement system that checks oxygen content and seal integrity of every single food product packaged in modified atmosphere. Each MAP pack (Modified Atmosphere Packaging) is non-invasively inspected after sealing on a GEA thermoformer instead of having to be damaged by a needle as was general practice up until this point. This makes costly spot checks obsolete, films/seals remain intact and there's no loss of product/materials.|
As you can see, the Innovations Showcase will be a centerpiece of PE17, providing exhibitors with more exposure and attendees with an easy way to see what’s new and exciting.
If you have more questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We’re here to help!